We’ve laughed together, we’ve cried together and hell, we’ve been deceived together. Let’s take a look at the season finale “Beside the Dying Fire” on this week’s #TalkingDeadTuesday. CAUTION: SPOILERS AFTER THE CUT!
My mind is blown again. Just when you thought it was safe or that you knew everything, The Walking Dead throws a change-up. The season two finale left more questions and a glimpse into what the future for the group will be like.
1) Kudos to Rick Grimes for taking charge of the group and speaking his mind. It’s been tough to listen to everyone else for so long but with all the walkers, there is no time to negotiate their next move. I’m excited to see how effective the new Rick-tatorship will be.
2) Lori… what did you think was going to happen? You push Rick to get rid of Shane. You tell Shane that you don’t know who’s child it is… You were asking for those two to kill each other. And then you have the nerve to pull away from Rick, the only man on Earth who doesn’t think you’re a whore. Good for you Lori… You killed Shane.
3) They are all infected!!! If you didn’t read last week, my theory correctly predicted that they were already living with the microbes in them. Now I’m not tooting my own horn but more questions arise. Now that we know it’s biological, a cure must surface because Darwin’s law of Natural Selection will make someone resistant. Who is resistant? Someone new or someone that’s already in the group? We’ll wait and see!
4) With the entire group having survived with new members and Rick’s revelation that he killed Shane, I wonder who will stir trouble within the group. One thing is for certain: No one has the balls to venture out on their own and Rick called them out on it.
Predictions for next season:
- Everyone has been waiting for Mishonne to join the cast. Her role is still unknown but if she’s anything like her comic book counterpart, we’re in for a treat. Let the badass-ery begin!
- A prison is the best place to hole up and fortify… unless there are others already there. Zombie inmates? Clearing out a place like that can prove difficult but rewarding.
- They will find another group of survivors… and they will quite possibly clash. Maybe we find Merle. Maybe we find Morgan and Duane. Who knows… this show makes every detail count.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Predictions?
Let’s have some fun!