What a great way to continue AMC’s amazing drama run. Right after “The Walking Dead” they throw the new season of Mad Men at us. And what’s even better is that this episode was a 2 hour premiere event! So lets get to it!
- New apartment with Megan: I think at this point in the series, we see Don and Megan growing up in a whole new timeline. The 1960′s are very quickly coming to a close and new technology, new styles, new tastes and preferences are constantly changing. With that said, in the opening scene we see Don and Megan’s new apartment and I’ll just say that I would love it! The colors, the furniture layout and I love the bar / dining area that intertwines in the kitchen. Now I’m not a designer but any means but I’m such a nerd when it comes to layout aesthetics and what not!
- Y&R Balloon Stunt: Let me be the first to say that this stunt that this firm pulled was ****** up. I was surprised to see this intensity of racism in a TV show; but then again I had to realize that the show is based on a totally different time period. In any case, when SCDP was presented with the news article by Campbell I was even more shocked that SCDP would have the nerve to play a joke and say “equal opportunity employer” in the paper and not even mean it. More on this later….
- Pete vs. Roger: Here we see Peter Campbell making a huge success speech about how he was able to bring back the business of Mohawk Airlines. However, the punch of this speech was directly shot towards Roger. “Whatever he knows I’ll know” Campbell says. And what do we see? Roger’s old face just scrunch up in disgust. Most people would side with Roger in this case but I’m going to side with Pete. Only because he is a junior partner trying to do bigger things in the company. And naturally upper management is saying, NO. I think the best part about this entire grudge between Pete and Roger is the talk about a bigger office. Peter loves that pillar.
- Zou Bisou Bisou: A very catchy song and a very sexy performance by Megan. Don obviously was not having it but that’s the case for most men. Women take a hint. Guys usually don’t like surprise birthday parties and HATE it when they are embarrassed. Except when you are me and I live on that stuff. Here is the link to the music video to this catchy catchy song (Because Youtube will not let me embed it) ZOU BISOU BISOU
- Equal Opportunity Employer: Karma. That is all. Ok seriously, why did they think that they could put an ad in the paper and not get any response from it. Morons.