@999hp, @lenejenius, @zativity, and myself love sneakers. So much so that we’ve lined up for shoes at our local sneaker shop, made a number of phone calls to make sure we can purchase the pairs that we want, and have 3-6 computers setup and logged into Nike’s website to click purchase. But now Nike has announced that they are getting rid of their midnight releases and implementing a Twitter RSVP service.
Here’s how it works:
1. Be sure to follow your local Nike Store on Twitter
2. On the day of release, the Twitter account with tweet at a random time with a #hashtag to begin the RSVP process
3. Once available, you have to Direct Message (DM) the Twitter account with
- The product specific #tag tweeted by the store
- The last 4 digits of your State / Passport / Military / School ID Number
- Shoe Size (limit one)
For more information, read about it on Nike’s website.
Let us know what you think and give a list of Official Nike accounts that you know are on Twitter. Here are a few that we are following:
Update: Received word for those of us in the San Diego area to follow @NikeFashionVal